How to Participate in Virtual Worship
Congregational worship is at the heart of our church community. It’s a time for us to connect with one another and with God. It’s a time to sing, pray, and reflect together. It might be hard for us to imagine worship in a time of social distancing, that’s understandable. Though we won’t be together in person tomorrow morning for worship, book club, or any other meetings, we will be together in heart and spirit. I’ve attached a bulletin and our opening hymn for tomorrow’s service so you can participate from home.
As you know, a virtual worship service is something completely new for us. Please bear with us as we figure out the technical aspects. You will be able to watch the livestream a few different ways or even just listen in on your phone. I know we are various levels of tech-savvy, so I wanted to walk you through your options for participating in tomorrow’s service.
Watch Worship on Facebook Live
· You will go to our church Facebook page www.facebook.com/foothillsventura
· The live video will show up a little before 10 on our feed.
· Click on the video, make sure your speakers are connected, and volume turned up.
· You do not need to have an account on Facebook in order to view this Live video.
· A box may pop-up that asks you to join, just click “not now.”
· A banner may display across the bottom of your screen that asks you to sign in or sign up, just ignore it.
Join worship on Zoom from a Computer or Laptop
· You will go to https://zoom.us/j/619038377
· On a computer, you can download and run Zoom via their app or you can view from your web browser. When prompted, you will select “download & run Zoom” or “Start from your browser.”
· When prompted, enter Meeting ID: 619 038 377
Join worship on Zoom from a Smartphone
· On a Smartphone, just tap this link
Join worship on Zoom from any phone
· Call this number and enter the Meeting ID to listen in:
· +1 669 900 9128
· When prompted, enter the Meeting ID: 619 038 377